Friday, May 23, 2014

Amazon Fire TV Free for 30 Days

Amazon sent me an e-mail telling me that I could get a Fire TV free for 30 days, I figured why not give it a try. I do not consider myself to be an Amazon fanboy in any sense but I do have an Amazon store card; own two Kindle Fire HD's; buy most if not all of my electronics from them. With that being said, I don't know if it was my status with them or mere coincidence that got me this offer and I'm not sure that everyone didn't get this exact same offer extended to them. The Fire TV is currently priced at $99 with free shipping, the offer gave you 30 days to decide if you wanted to keep it before you are charged.

I already have a setup where I don't feel that I'm in need of a standalone streaming device as I already own an Xbox 360, Xbox One and a PS3 all of which do what the Fire TV does. I do however recognize that not everybody wants video games as the centerpiece of their device and for them a Fire HD may be able to help cut the cable cord. I am set to receive the device tomorrow and I will post my experiences with the Fire TV starting with its unboxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment