Sunday, May 25, 2014

Amazon Fire TV Unboxing and Day One Impressions

First impression: "This looks tiny"
Confirmed, it's smaller than a Nintendo DS game case

The contents inside of the box were the Fire TV, a remote control, batteries for the control, power cord and the instructions. The only thing missing for me to set it up was an HDMI cable which I had laying around the house.








Shot of the main screen.
The setup was as simple as plug the power cord into an electrical outlet and the back of the Fire TV, then plug an HDMI cable into the Fire TV as well as your television. After powering on the Fire TV you are directed to connect the device to a  network and then you are shown a tutorial video.




Voice command seemed to work really well except for the one show I was trying to watch, I used the control to manually navigate and found the show easily.










I again tried the voice navigation to search for the one mobile game I waste a decent amount of time on, The Simpsons Tapped Out...points for trying?









So they don't have the game I was really wanting to play, at least I can try Minecraft...or not. Though I could not play Minecraft I should note that it downloaded rather quickly.








So, after one night I am not overly convinced that this will replace anything currently in my entertainment center but my mind could be changed over the next month. I will update at the end of this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment