Saturday, June 7, 2014

Amazon Fire TV: The Decision

It has been two weeks since I accepted Amazon's offer for a Fire TV, free for thirty days, and I know at this point that I will not need the additional two weeks to make my decision. If you do not have a streaming device already in your entertainment center I believe a Fire TV could be a welcome addition, but I do not see it replacing a single thing already in your collection. I personally have a PS3 and a Wii collecting dust as of right now, the Wii never made it past novelty while I filled up the PS3's hard drive and it got moved to the back burner. If you are looking for a gaming device the Fire TV is not your answer, you would have to pay extra for their gaming controller on top of purchasing the device and that will put you in the range of buying a new Xbox 360 which does everything a Fire TV does but better. While using my Fire TV I noticed that the Amazon content streamed without issue, the Netflix application on the other hand played like it was in a constant state of buffering. I previously addressed the voice command which did a great job of finding what I was looking for with the exception of "Flight of the Conchords". Again, at $99 if you are currently in the market for a streaming device then the Fire TV is a viable option but in my opinion that is where its worth lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment