Saturday, June 28, 2014

Finding Tech Abroad: Exploring Technology in Knoxville, TN

I will be out of the Miami area for the next week but I will be looking for technology in Knoxville, TN. LOPSA East Tennessee will be hosting their ARM Revolution this coming Tuesday, July 1st which I plan on attending. Taken from their page, the ARM Revolution is described as:
"ARM, as of 2013, is the most widely used 32-bit instruction set
architecture, and is used approximately 95% of all smartphones. After
some brief comments on the history ARM and the differences between ARM
and x86 architecture, I’ll talk about current ARM developments and
some cool projects using ARM-based CPUs.

If you have an ARM project you have built or are working on
(RaspberryPi, Arduino ARM, or any other ARM-based system), bring it
along so we can do a bit of show and tell. I will be bringing a couple
of RaspberryPis as well as the usual mobile platform suspects."
Hopefully I will have a write-up from the event available on Wednesday and I look forward to interviewing a few Raspberry Pi inventor/developers. I will also be interviewing one of the gentlemen behind the 2014 Knoxville 24 Hour Film Festival award winner for Best Comedy, Best Screenplay, Best Director and Best Film. En route back to Miami I am hoping to have a chance to explore technology along the way. It looks like I will officially have a logo within the next week, so that puts me even closer to getting the .com running, hopefully within the next two weeks. Again, Thank You to everyone for the continued support worldwide, I am hoping for big things moving forward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment