Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy Birthday America

Today is the 4th of July, also known as Independence Day, or America’s birthday. Seeing as easily a 5th of my readers are international,  that means no day off for me.

Some of your favorite games are having exclusive July 4th, American inspired festivities including the PC and console behemoth Grand Theft Auto 5, as well as my personal favorite mobile game, The Simpsons: Tapped Out. Most retailers are open today so that means if you are stateside,  you could easily find all sorts of deals on electronics, and of course Amazon never takes a holiday.

Again, if you are stateside, be sure to be safe out there as the holiday is a great time for police to meet their quotas early in the month. I do not have personal experience with them, however I have had a couple of people recommend DUIFox to view local checkpoints and they tell me unlike other options,  you do not have to subscribe to use the service.  Twitter will be another good source for following local checkpoints, follow local news outlets or check specifically for your town’s sobriety checker.

I am currently doing this through my phone, so my Google Fu is limited, I will update my International readers with other fun options after I get back to my laptop.



No comments:

Post a Comment