Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Knoxville Technology: Found on my Trip

I am still trying to adjust to being back in Miami, and I am doubtful that I will easily adjust to the 26 hours roundtrip that were spent on the road. I wanted to touch on a few things that I discovered in East Tennessee as well as a project that I tried to introduce them to.

Game Collecting: I hit up a few spots that I used to frequent back when I lived in Knoxville, some were very lucrative while others disappointed. I started with pawn shops and found that all of the shops in the area that feature older games, those that predate Xbox/PS2/GameCube, are now ridiculously overpriced. I can understand raising prices on classic Zelda and Mario titles, but to blindly raise all prices just because a game is old is not good for business. I did however have one good trip which added six PS2 games that my collection was missing, for a total of $18, one game out of the group sells for more than that on EBay.

Free Art Friday: I had multiple Knoxville based artists that were curious about the concept of Free Art Friday, Knoxville’s art scene is still trying to gain an identity, so I figured where better to start. I corresponded with Registered Artist regarding what it would take to get a new chapter up and running, he was extremely helpful in answering all of the questions that I had. It is now up to the group’s admins and members if they are going to take the next step of producing and dropping the art, I look forward to what they can do from here.

Purchasing Electronics: Not only was I able to find personal electronics in Knoxville, I was able to find them at a great price. I found a Sony Vaio featuring Windows 8.1, fully equipped to run most games at high specs on closeout, at under $500. Though Knoxville has an existing tech scene, it’s not a large percentage, in Miami I have struck out looking for the same electronics that were readily available in East Tennessee.


No comments:

Post a Comment